5.26.2012

Eli's adventures!

Skiing (pictures from April):

 1st time standing alone! 


Rock climbing:
 Anticipation

 1st time up a little nervous...
So we took a brake, hiked around a bit...

 2nd time up made it 10 feet!
Hiked around a bit more...






 Just like big brother

 3rd time up made it ALL the way to the top! 
We tried coaxing him down earlier but he just kept going!


I am so proud of Eli, not only of participating in a sport his dad and I enjoy, but more so that he was willing to try again and facing his fear until he over came it! What a great quality he has that will help him in many areas of life!

Now if only we can get him potty trained! That is a power struggle he seems to be winning. Any tips out there????

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! He's brave. I'm not sure I could overcome my fear to do that.

    Potty-training... blah. We potty trained Owen in March, but it was a struggle. I know people say to wait until they're ready, but I think Owen would have waited a long time. So we kind of forced it on him. We put him in underwear and said "No more diapers." Then we tried all the things that motivated him - videos, candy, not having to take naps, promise of picking out legos when he did the first #2 in the potty. I made him go just about every 30 minutes in the morning (when we didn't have other things to do). We made a BIG DEAL about it every time he went. But we had several accidents too - be ready to wash (or throw out) the underwear. He'll get it eventually. If you're scared about going out, you could put a pull-up over the underwear. We called those "super underwear" or "special underwear" to try to convince him that they weren't diapers. I think once you have time to go for it, you can't go back and forth between diapers and underwear. It's too confusing for them.

    Good luck! It's NO FUN AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete